Today’s Feature Friday goes to Delux’s own Psyche Southwell! Psyche is dominating the style and blogging world not only in St. Louis but around the nation. Her blog Economy of Style is an awesome guide for fashionistas that want to achieve runway looks on a budget. Psyche has made many contributions in the fashion industry gracing readers with her effortless style and beauty. Recently, Psyche won the second annual Redbook Real Women Style Award!! You will see her on the cover of the September issue of Redbook Magazine, available August 18th. Make sure you grab a copy!
Let’s get to know Psyche Southwell!
How long have you been blogging?
PS: I started my blog in August 2007. I’ll be celebrating 8 years of blogging at the end of this month.
When did you fall in love with fashion?
PS: I wore uniforms my entire life up until college. So, I probably started falling in love with fashion on those many occasions when I imagined what I would wear and how I would dress when I had the freedom to choose.
What is your favorite accessory?
PS: I rely heavily on statement accessories to jazz up my classic style. If I had to choose one, it would probably be a stunning necklace.
Who is your favorite designer?
PS: Some of my favorite pieces are by Tracy Reese. Her designs always embrace vibrant color, global prints, and flattering silhouettes. You can usually find me, though, shopping the styles in stores like J.Crew and Anthropologie.
How does it feel to be a Redbook Real Women Style Award winner?
PS: I’m really excited to have been chosen as a winner of Redbook’s Real Women Style Awards. I believe St. Louis has so much to offer in fashion, and I’ve been working to showcase that through my personal style posts photographed across the city and my coverage of the fashion scene locally. Making the cover was a really important vote of confidence for what I do and for what St. Louis fashion means in the minds of audiences across the country.
One interesting fact about yourself?
PS: I make fitness fun in the volunteer dance fitness classes I teach to women who are working to improve the quality of their lives.
You too can be featured with Delux!
How it works:
1. Email Londen Underwood at email@example.com(subject Feature Friday)
2. Enter the nominee’s name, email address, and all of their social media handles.
3. Include a short paragraph explaining why you nominate this person to be featured on deluxmag.com.
P.S. It’s ok to nominate yourself!
See you next week!
- [DELUX READS] 5 Astrology Books on Amazon to Make Sure You Manage the Next Retrograde - Thursday, February 23, 2023
- National Blues Museum Set to Kick off Howlin’ Fridays Concert Season - Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Young Dip’s 314-Day Tradition Isn’t ‘Pi Day,’ It’s About St. Louis Pride, Unity, Collaboration - Monday, January 30, 2023