Marketing has drastically changed over the past few years. Pushing an identity on consumers is no longer the role of marketers, now customers have the ability to tell brands exactly what they want. Customer are depending to be at the center of the brand’s marketing agency and brands are finally listening. Brands now recognize that there needs to be a greater understanding of who their consumers are, where they are, and how they interact with the brand itself. How do they learn these things? By getting an understanding of who their customers are and where they are, then mapping a customer journey to identify the touchpoints the consumers have to interact with the brand.
What is a customer journey? A customer journey is the path the consumer take as they interact with your brand. It is how they get from initial contact to becoming a brand ambassador. A customer journey outlines the different pathways customers come to learn about, purchase from, and advocate for a brand. In order to provide the best experience for their consumers, brands much map out their customer journey. It’s time to brainstorm a few things about your customer: How do they find us? What drives them to purchase? Are family and friend reviews bringing them or an ad posted on social media? Brands must know each step in their process to map out the journey. They must know each possible method a consumer can interact with their brand (including word-of-mouth). By taking on this information, brands can provide the best experience for their consumers that is personalized, targeted, unique, and effective. A well mapped out customer journey can have a positive effect on sales and overall revenue generation. It can turn a first time customer to a loyal consumer. It’s time you mapped your customer journey and create a better experience.
A few questions to start your mapping experience:
- Where can I find my consumers (online/offline/social media)?
- What are their interests (brand persona)?
- How are they finding my company (word-of-mouth, ads, website)?
- What is the their driver for learning more about my offerings?
- Where are they going when visiting my website (contact page/products)?
Follow the path of your customer and critique each interaction along the way. How can you make the experience better at each touchpoint that is relevant to what they are expecting? Take time and enhance your journey and you will see better revenue for your company.
- BePOWERful: DELUX Power 100 Photo Gallery - Friday, December 30, 2022
- Kwofe Coleman Makes History as The New President & CEO of The Muny & Closes Out A Successful Season - Monday, August 22, 2022
- Ben & Kevin Day - Wednesday, August 17, 2022