Two sources close to the trust said the organization is completing its investigation and will agree with the NCAA’s finding that Bush accepted improper benefits while at USC and was ineligible during the 2005 season, according to the report. The NCAA cited USC for “lack of institutional control” and handed the Trojans four years’ probation, a two-year bowl ban and a reduction in athletic scholarships for the football program.
Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the Heisman Trophy to have the award taken away.
In July, USC president C.L. Max Nikias ordered the school’s athletic department to return its copy of Bush’s 2005 Heisman to the Heisman Trophy Trust.
Bush met with Heisman representatives last month at the New York law offices of Emmet, Marvin & Martin, the sources said, according to the report.
The sources declined to discuss the details of that meeting, according to the report.
- Best Gifts for Your BFF With A Startup Business or Side Hustle - Friday, June 18, 2021
- Dr. Delene Musielak Named Mrs. Missouri Woman of Achievement 2021 - Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- The Doors of the Church Remain Open Even Virtually - Saturday, February 27, 2021