Oh yes yall, it’s that time of the year again. And if you’re like me, you’re ready to whip out your crock-pot/slow cooker and cook up an easy meal full of warmth and love. Growing up, I could not wait for this time of the year to roll around. Outside of the fact that I am a holiday nut and my Christmas music begins on November 1…LOL!
Cold weather usually meant my mother would soon be putting together her signature chili. Over the years, I’ve been blessed to learn a slew of her cooking secrets, including what she throws into her pot of chili goodness—but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t make it with a slight twist.
- Brooks Quick Chili Mix (1 can)
- Angel Hair Pasta Noodles
- Diced Tomatoes/Rotel (1 can)
- Cream Cheese (1, 8oz)
- Sour Cream (2 dollops)
- Minced Garlic (2 tbsp)
- Red Onion (1, sliced)
- Green & Yellow Pepper (diced)
- Frozen Sweet Corn (1/2 bag)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Northwest Chipotle Seasoning (2 tsp)
- Garlic Powder
- Minced Onion
- Any Additional Seasonings
Optional: Feel Free to add additional black beans, kidney beans, and/or pinto beans. They’re good for your heart 🙂
1. Pour Brooks Quick Chili Mix & Diced Tomatoes into slow cooker on medium heat;
2. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil & then add 2 handfuls of Angel Hair Pasta Noodles;
3. Once noodles are limp, remove from heat, drain water, & set aside to cool;
4. In a skillet, drizzle olive oil & sauté green peppers, minced garlic, green & yellow peppers in your fav. seasonings; (For this I used a little Northwest Chipotle seasoning)
5. Once sautéed to your liking, remove from heat & pour into slow cooker along with sliced red onions;
6. Allow chili to cook on medium or high heat for 15 mins & then add sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, & minced onion;
7. Go ahead & taste test. Add any additional seasonings you like;
8. Cook for another 15 mins on medium or high heat;
9. Once thoroughly cooked to your liking, turn off slow cooker & add noodles;
10. Grab a bowl & Be Happy!!
What I love most about chili is that you can literally add anything you want to make your pot of love fulfilling and memorable to your taste buds.
If you are not a quick chili mix type of person and would rather make it from scratch, not to worry. All you need is a good vegetable stock as your base, rinsed beans, any meat you desire, and seasoning to bring the flavor out. Either way, you will fall in love with the warmth this meal brings.
So, what’s your favorite chili recipe? Any other belly warming slow cooker meals I should know about?? Let me know in the comments below & be sure to follow my warmth on Instagram @redefinedworth.
- Candied Maca Pecans (A Holiday Treat) - Wednesday, November 28, 2018
- Mama’s Signature Chili With A Slight Twist - Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- White Saucy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Lasagna - Friday, November 9, 2018