Everyone likes to feel appreciated, and hard working women are no exception. When was the last time you did something sweet for the woman you love?
If you can’t remember, then it has been too long.
This is a lighthearted list of easy, painless ways to let your wife/partner know that you love and appreciate all she does.
- Give her a genuine, sincere compliment. Saying “Gee honey, your butt doesn’t look that fat in those pants” will not count. That will set you back quite a bit, as will comments like “Those sunglasses look great on you! They hide the dark circles completely.”
- One night, just to be sweet, let her be in charge of the remote control, and don’t get all annoyed if you aren’t happy with her choices.
- Clean something. Anything, anywhere in the house will do. If you think everything is already spotless, be thankful you have such an efficient wife, and go clean out her car, or give the dog a bath. I know you are probably thinking that you don’t want her to get used to this help, and that is why you are terrified of doing it even once. Trust me, if she is an overworked wife and mom, she will be thrilled.
- Fix something around the house. Anything. If you are oblivious to what needs fixing, just ask her. I guarantee she has a list already prepared.
- Do the grocery shopping.Moms of toddlers especially appreciate this effort. Be sure to buy more than just beef and beer. She has a list for this too. While you are there, buy your wife something that is not on the list, like her favorite candy or other treat. Warning: Do not buy her favorite chocolate cake, or blueberry pie if she is on a diet, unless you want to wear it.
- Let her sleep late on the weekend, even if you can only keep the kids quiet for an hour. Bring her some coffee or tea in bed when you wake her. Feed the kids while you are at it, please!
- Cook dinner on a week night so she doesn’t have to cook (or feel guilty for making you warm something up yourself). Pick up her favorite food, instead of yours.
- Tell her to go take a couple of hours for herself, while you happily play with the kids. The fact that you offered, and she doesn’t have to beg or look at a sour face as she walks out the door will do wonders for your relationship.
- Don’t nag her. Everyone always talks of nagging wives, but what about nagging husbands? Take a good, long look at yourself, just to be sure. Do you nag her? Let it go, just this once.
- If you have tried any of the suggestions above, you will now realize that you have much to be thankful for. Imagine how hard she must work to find something as small as sleeping late or having the shopping done a major gift! You are a very lucky man. Tell her.
- Dr. Delene Musielak Named Mrs. Missouri Woman of Achievement 2021 - Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- The Doors of the Church Remain Open Even Virtually - Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Watch Go-Big Show Thursdays on TBS - Wednesday, January 13, 2021