Happy Black History Month, we are kicking the month of February off on a high note. This week artists I’m highlighting can stir up some good vibes. I’m talking about Aida Ade, the 27 year old singer is one of St. Louis rising talents. This young musician is a trained violinist and is accompanied by a sultry voice that soothes the soul. Ade’s musical influences are Gary Clark, Jr., Chaka Khan, The Stylistics, Big K.R.I.T., just to name a few.
Aida Ade- Love, Aida
In between her musical projects Ade has been sort of a regular guest feature on Aye Verb’s projects with her most recent being “Beautiful Creatures”. Ade’s new EP “Love, Aida“, is a mix of chill and mid tempo music selections showcasing her variety of styles. I think you will enjoy this songstress and I see her as an artist to watch this year. Ade’s lead song and visuals “Good Vibes” can be viewed here.
In 2020, VanJess kept pumping out single after single. These singing sisters had me anticipating when they would release a new album. “Homegrown” is the name of their new album and I’m feeling it.
This 90’s theme project is fresh for 2021 and reminds me of the women I would see in the salon linked next to my old barbershop grooving and singing while holding them hot curling irons. Songs to check out on the project include “Come Over”, “Curious”, “Dysfunctional featuring Kaytranada”, and “Caught Up Featuring Phony Ppl”.
MC Tres- Ok Alright
Late last year, St. Louis rapper MC Tres dropped his EP “Late Night Flights”. Tres has been pushing his way up the music ladder for the last couple of years and has gained traction. “Ok Alright” is his latest promotion of “Late Night Flights”, check out his video below
Other Notable Releases
- Pooh Shiesty– “Shiesty Season” is his debut mixtape under Gucci Mane’s label 1017.
- Devin The Dude- Devin’s is back with “Soulful Distance“, bringing those hard funky grooves to ride out to.
- Jid & Denzel Curry- Jid and Denzel collaborate on a new single called “Bruuuh“
- Freedie Gibbs featuring SchoolBoy Q- Gangster Gibbs drops a new single with Groovy Q “Gang Signs“.
- J Dilla- “Welcome 2 Detroit 20th Anniversary Edition“, the late rapper has been gone for a minute but the music last forever. This is a deluxe edition of the album with additional instrumentals and outtakes.
Make sure you download and stream #EnforcerFridays playlist right here. Peace and have a good weekend.
- New Music Friday: Nas , Rod Wave, Cleo Sol, and FrizzFest is back this weekend - Friday, September 15, 2023
- New Music Friday: 38 Spesh x Conway The Machine, plus Keyon Harrold, Blvck Spvde and The Cosmos drop music ahead of Music at the Intersection Festival. - Friday, September 8, 2023
- New Music Friday: Dreamville keeping consistent, Blxst x Bino Rideaux, and Jorja Smith gears up for her new album, and more - Friday, September 1, 2023