MENTORS IN MOTION RED CARPET EVENT
Mentors In Motion (MIM), provides quality mentoring and educational programs to youths at-risk throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan area , is presenting, with conjunction of the St. Louis Public School District (SLPS) a special contest for all SLPS High School Students, during the Spring of 2018,“SLPS Songwriting Contest” hosted by Carol Daniels – “ CBS Anchor ”, and will feature a “Winner Announcement Dinner” at The Thaxton. This contest is to help SLPS Students stay engaged in school and give them a platform to showcase their creativity. The Dinner will culminate with keynote speakers and the presentation of different scholarships for participants. Concluding with the crowning of the songwriting Winner. Also, the Winner will be featured on Local and National broadcast (date to be determined).
The goal of the contest is to promote creativity, attendance, and enjoyment of education throughout the SLPS District, through the Arts. At the same time, the contest is an opportunity for businesses and foundations involved in the metropolitan area to showcase their products (through gift bags) and services, along with their support of the community. The contest will also raise awareness for MIM and its role in the development of at-risk youths through Science, Technology, Reading, Entrepreneurship, Arts, and Math (STREAM) programs.
For 15 years, MIM has served its community through special events that support the education and development of at-risk youths on career development, life-skills, productive decision making, financial responsibility, healthcare assessments, and self-worth. Many of MIM members are leaders in the St. Louis community. They are teachers, principals, superintendents, board members, entrepreneurs, public figures, and executives that represent small-businesses and Fortune-500 companies.
● Student Registration: Monday, February 19, 2018
● Submission of Work Deadline: Sunday April 1, 2018
● Top 5 Finalist Picked: Friday April 13, 2018
● Top 4 Video Premiere (Including 400 students from SLPS) April 27th at Harris Stowe at 7pm- 10pm
● Winner Announcement Dinner: Friday May 11, 2017 at The Thaxton Starting at 7pm-10pm
If you have any questions about the sponsorship opportunities, please contact Alandon Pitts, at (314) 327-3872 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentors In Motion is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible.
- National Blues Musuem Set to Kick off Howlin’ Fridays Concert Season - Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Young Dip’s 314-Day Tradition Isn’t ‘Pi Day,’ It’s About St. Louis Pride, Unity, Collaboration - Monday, January 30, 2023
- Events: Second Annual Hazel Erby Day September 22nd - Monday, September 19, 2022