Thanksgiving had to be the best day full of family time, food, and laughter. This year, my husband and I were blessed to be able to host Thanksgiving dinner for our family in our new haven of love and it was amazing.
I can still smell & taste the belly warming aroma of Crawfish Mac n’ Cheese, Collard Greens, Dressing, and Fried Cajun Buttered Jalapeno Turkey mixed with Aunt Betty’s excessive use of white diamond perfume and Grandpa’s signature cool water cologne. Am I the only one that can still hear the bickering at the grown folks table about who’s cheating in Dominos…lol?
We all love when the spread of food is plentiful during the holiday season, but while we’re thinking of what staple savory dishes to whip up for Christmas dinner, let’s not neglect our sweet tooth. If you’re tired of the same ole’ sweet potato pie and want to add a new holiday treat to the table of sweets, you’ll love this simple recipe that’s packing more than flavor.
- Maca Powder (2 tbsps)
- Cinnamon (2 tsps)
- Pecan Halves (1 cup)
- Smart Balance Butter Spread (2 tbsps)
- Honey (sweetened to taste)
1. Coat skillet with butter spread & bring to a boil;
2. Once butter begins to boil, add cinnamon & maca powder and stir continuously;
3. As butter mixture begins to brown, pour in pecan halves, add honey & continue to stir;
4. This is the time to taste test and sweeten to your liking;
5. Once sweetened & flavorful, remove from heat & let cool.
What makes this recipe so amazing is that it’s so versatile. You can eat these candied pecans alone, drizzled over Grandma’s homemade ice cream, or even as a sweet potato pie topping. Either way, you’ll find yourself in a sweet heaven, but that’s not the only reason you need this holiday treat in your life.
Maca Powder is what I like to call the perfect all-natural aphrodisiac.
Yes, you read that right. Maca Powder is known for boosting the sexual drive in both men and women, while also improving fertility. As a black woman currently battling with thoughts of infertility, it was imperative for me (with the assistance of my doctor) to find natural ways to balance my hormones and boost my fertility. So I thought, why not make it into the perfect sweet holiday treat?
While you’re munching on these Candied Maca Pecans and boosting your libido, I can’t forget to point out the many other nutritional benefits that are packed into Maca powder. This natural super food also helps with:
- Increasing your energy
- Improving your mood
- Reducing your blood pressure
- Improving your skin health
- Fighting free radicals; and
- Enhancing your memory
So, when Christmas dinner rolls around and Aunt Carol starts her annual loud table discussion about how Uncle Leroy is working her nerves yet again, just slide both of them a few of these pecans and let the butterscotch & cinnamon flavors dance on their taste buds and take them and everyone else that gets a taste on a new sweet ride (wink wink).
So, what’s your fav. holiday sweet treat?? Have you used Maca Powder before & notice any benefits? Let’s talk about it all in the comments below & make sure you’re following my holiday spread on Instagram @redefinedworth.
- Candied Maca Pecans (A Holiday Treat) - Wednesday, November 28, 2018
- Mama’s Signature Chili With A Slight Twist - Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- White Saucy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Lasagna - Friday, November 9, 2018