The 18th Annual Whitaker Saint Louis International Film Festival (SLIFF) will be held on November 12-22, 2009. The festival annually features the St. Louis premieres of more than 250 films from nearly 40 countries. Along with all the many great films from around the globe, there are several special events and screenings taking place as part of the festival that you’ll want to make sure and mark your calendars for.
- AN EDUCATION, directed by Lone Scherfig (2009) on Thursday, November 12, 7:00 pm – Tivoli Theatre
- The silent WITHIN OUR GATES – Screening will feature live musical accompaniment by Stace England and the Salt Kings. Micheaux biographer Patrick McGilligan will introduce the program and participate in a post-film discussion. – Friday, November 13 at 7:00 pm – St. Louis Art Museum
- UP IN THE AIR Cocktail Party – Saturday, November 14, 4-6pm, Hilton at the Ballpark. Special-event ticket price of $50; limited number of tickets available only by phone through the SLIFF office at 314-289-4153.
- “For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism,” Screening with a panel discussion on film criticism. – Saturday, November 14 at 11:00 am – Tivoli Theatre
- PRECIOUS: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire, directed by Lee Daniels (2009) on Saturday, November 14, 7:30 pm – Hi-Pointe
- UP IN THE AIR, directed by Jason Reitman (2009) Saturday, November 14, 7:00 pm – Tivoli Theatre
- RIDE WITH THE DEVIL: Director’s Cut, With a panel on book-to-film translation. – Sunday, November 15, 6:30 pm – Brown Hall
- THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, directed by Michael Curtiz (1938) – Saturday, November 21, 8:00 pm – Webster
- CINEMATIC TITANIC: LIVE at 7:30 pm on Saturday, November 21 – Family Arena
- THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, directed by Terry Gilliam (2009) on Sunday, November 22, 5:30 pm – Tivoli Theatre
- ME AND ORSON WELLES, directed by Richard Linklater (2008) on Sunday, November 22, 6:30 pm – Tivoli Theatre
- Closing-Night Party & Awards presentation at 8:00 pm on Sunday, November 22 – Moonrise Hotel
- Click here for ticket and venue information.
These are just a few of the many exciting films and events taking place during the 18th Annual Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival, so be sure to take time to experience as much of it as you can. Your friends here at We Are Movie Geeks are certainly going to make our rounds and we’ll also keep you up to speed on the films we see and tell you what we think.
Hope to see you there! Until then, check out the official trailer for SLIFF 2009…
read more from our friends at http://wearemoviegeeks.com/
- Dr. Delene Musielak Named Mrs. Missouri Woman of Achievement 2021 - Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- The Doors of the Church Remain Open Even Virtually - Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Watch Go-Big Show Thursdays on TBS - Wednesday, January 13, 2021